Pages

Sunday 10 November 2013

Production Diary 7- 10th November- Research, Name Ideas, Construction of Preliminary Task.


These past couple of works I have been extremely busy working on my planning and research for my magazine.

I have come up with a list of possible Masthead Name ideas, and as stated previously as going to use an Acronym for my music magazine and call it MM Music Matters. As you can see from my blog I did have a lot of ideas written down and have written next to them which of the four main types of masthead they are - acronym, phrase, connotation or compound. Also this week I have been busy designing some ideas for the creation of my masthead. The colours I think I will be using, which you can also see clearly from my colour samples swatch that I have made is black, purple and or green. I have yet to decide which colour I am going to use, as when I was given advice, it was to pick one of them, not both, otherwise it won't look as professional. I created a load of different ways I could design my MM logo, changing the colour, the position, the depth of a bevel, if it had a glow etc. At the bottom as you can see I also experimented with other names I was thinking of using. I did this just in case I change my mind and do not like the masthead name MM. Also this week I created my second mood board on which I have included images of what artists my audience would like, what clothes they'd wear, what festivals they'd got to, what gadgets and technology they would own, right down to the type of alcohol and food they would consume.

As well as this I managed to create and upload two videos of my construction of my preliminary task, which I made using the program CamStudio. It took a long time, as all my items were on one layer so I had to go back and rearrange everything, plus CanStudio would keep crashing and not working, and so was a very tiresome task, but finally I managed to get it to work.

Currently I am working on my Image Designs, which will include all my ideas for the photos I am going to use in the magazine, as well as the costumes and props I intend to include in the photoshoot, which is set to commence on the 25th November.

No comments:

Post a Comment