Pages

Thursday 7 November 2013

Processes: Front Cover sketch ideas: Wolf




This is the 'Only By the Night' album by Kings of Leon. I really like how the cover artists have morphed together the band members and the eagle together to say how the represent the bird of prey. This is what appealed to me most and actually made me look at the songs on the album, and I was hoping to try and do this with my front magazine.
 

 
As every image we have on our magazine has to be our own and it is virtually impossible to get a picture of a wolf close up, I had to draw one to make it my own photo. I choose to do a wolf because it is meant to reflect my band's supernatural mood as well trying to tie it in with the album name 'Beware Of The Moon' - the first thing that come to many people's minds is a wolf. I did try and play around with the scanned drawing to create an eerie and unusual look.
 
 
 
 
 
 
However I have decided that merging the two together (i.e. Karishma and the wolf) don't really work together as the proportions are too different.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment