Pages

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Production Diary 4 - Preliminary Task, Programs.



Production diary 4

This week we finished off our preliminary task, which was the design a magazine for the school. I have yet to evaluate it, but I have completed the initial design, and choose to call it The Golden Stag- and with the house colour scheme of navy blue and golden yellow I have tried to keep the consistency going. I choose the name The Golden Stag because not only does it sound a bit more serious and professional but it also ties in with the logo of Haydon School. I have uploaded sketches of my preliminary design and I think I need to annotate them a bit because they're not entirely clear. There is not much difference between my sketches for the preliminary task and the finished product because I was quite happy with my sketches. To actually create the preliminary task, I used the program InDesign, which I found to be very similar to PhotoShop. At the moment I prefer using PhotoShop as I find it slightly easier to use, but this is the first time I've used InDesign, so maybe when I've used it more I'll get more used to it. It was quite easy to create as the magazine had basic shapes and colours on it which I could create on InDesign or on Microsoft PowerPoint and then copy and paste it in. It took me roughly 2 lessons and a bit after school to finish off the preliminary task. You can see it on my blog. The other task this week was to analyse three magazine double spreads. This was easier than analyzing three magazine contents because it's not easy to get pictures of contents pages. I used the program Prezi to create this, and attempted to try and make it creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment