Pages

Monday 14 October 2013

Production Diary 6 - Names, Research, Mastheads.


Production Diary 6

 

This week we are continuing to research into music magazines and therefore continuing to think about our own music magazines. As said previously, I am going to call my music magazine MM music matters. This week I created all my ideas for the name of my music magazine - I had done this previously at home but brought my ideas in to properly outline my ideas. I chose a variety of masthead ideas, including the four main types: acronym, phrase, connotative and compound. The one I chose is acronym. I choose this because it is unique and it has seemed to work for magazines like Q magazine and NME. 

With my other teacher, Mr Daley we have been studying semiotics the study of signs, and we have been looking at connotations and what symbols mean. This could be images or text. This is helping us to carefully decide what to put our magazines- everything has a meaning. 

This week's homework was to look at a few mastheads of different mastheads and to break down what has actually been done to them and are they appropriate for the music magazine genre and target audience. I am also starting to think about the mood board that is going to help chose what to put into my magazine, I can help the MM reader profile to help me with this- looking at it will help me attract readers if I can include things they're into. 

The other thing I am currently organising is my photo shoot. Ideally I want to form a band of three people, and I would like 2 boys and 1 girl to mix it up a bit. The female would be the lead singer with the two boys acting as support instruments. I have already thought of some designs that I could apply to the front cover. I have found my girl and one of my boys and am seeking out the other boy I think would be appropriate for my band. I have also thought of a name for my formed band - 'The Mundanes'. I like this name because its quirky and eerie sounding and links in with my genre of alternative rock - mundane means humanly, and it gives out connotations of earth, hell, heaven and inhumane beings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment