Pages

Monday 7 October 2013

Production Diary 5 - Masthead, Analysis, Magazine Key Concepts.




This week in Media Studies we are starting to look at creating our own music magazine. I have come up with a name for my magazine – I am going to call it MM (Music Matters). I chose this name because I think it is quite quirky and the initials relate with the popular music magazine, Q. The alliteration of the two words flow together well, and I feel that I can design and create an interesting logo with these initials.

This week I also finished off my Analysis of 3 double page spreads, and this helps me because I now know what a music magazine should consist of. I also finished off the MM (Music Matters) Reader profile. I really enjoyed creating this because it allowed to create my own ‘character’ that I could choose what she does, what she likes etc – it’s like creating my own imaginary Sim! What it also did was to allow me to see what kind of things I would want my audience to be attracted to, and this in turn can help me to decide what kind of freebies and reviews I should include in my magazine. Also to help me I created a mini mood board, like the one in the NME reader profile, consisting of all the things, the clothes, accessories, drink, festivals, gaming models that I think would apply to my target audience. This will help me decipher what kind of clothing I need my models to wear for the front cover, as well as any props I might include.

Moreover, I have started to think about the layout of my front cover, and I have decided that the colour scheme will be black, green and purple. These are quite contrasting colours which will be illuminated even more against the black, as well as being unique and quirky – colours that my target audience will be attracted to.

The last thing I have been working on is my PowerPoint on Magazine Key Concepts. I have researched representation, institution, codes and conventions and audience. This is going to be helpful in the future because it will help me what kind of aspects I should be considering when choosing for my magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment